Design competition rules
This document sets out the rules for this competition. Make sure you read them carefully and understand them all before you enter the competition.
Barclays is running a promotion at the Royal Manx Agricultural Show,2018 giving you a chance of winning a custom-made football featuring your own design (“the Competition”).
By entering, you, and your parent or guardian agree on your behalf, to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Competition Rules”).
- “Barclays”, “The Promoter” , “we”, “us” and “ours” means Barclays Bank PLC. 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP
- “The Show” means the Royal Manx Agricultural Show 2018
Who may enter?
2) You are not eligible for the Competition if either of your parents/guardians are materially connected to the administration of the Competition or are employed by:
a. Barclays Bank PLC
b. Barclays Bank UK PLC
c. Barclays Services Limited or,
d. All other associated entities
How to enter
3) You can enter the Competition from 9am on Friday 10 August 2018 until 5pm on Saturday 11 August 2018. Entries made after this time will not be valid, even if they appear to be registered.
4) Entry into the Competition is free.
5) To enter the Competition, you must:
a. design a football using the design a football template (the “Entry”) including your name, age and a parent/guardian’s phone number on the back of the template
b. You must submit your Entry at the Barclays tent at the Show.
By submitting an Entry, you and your parent/guardian on your behalf, warrant that the Entry is original and your own work.
6) The Promoter reserves the right to reject and disqualify any Entries that it considers (at its absolute discretion) may infringe any third party intellectual property rights.
7) Only one entry per child is permitted.
8) Lost, delayed, undelivered, incomplete or multiple entries will not be entered into the Competition.
9) The winning Entry will be printed onto a football and presented to the Winner (the “Prize”).
10) This will be presented to the Winner at Barclays Douglas Branch, Barclays House, Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1AJ on a date and time agreed between the Winner and Barclays.
11) However, in the event that the Winner is unable to attend the Barclays Douglas Branch within 30 days of the results being announced, the Prize will be posted by first class post to the winner.
12) The Prize has no cash equivalent, and no alternatives will be offered. The Prize presented and participation in the Competition cannot be exchanged or transferred. However, in the event that the Prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value
13) The Competition Winner is responsible for their own expenses incurred in connection with collecting the Prize; including travel and accommodation expenses.
Selecting the Winner
14) The Prize will be awarded as follows:
a. Three Entries will be chosen by an independent panel of judges (“the Judges”) as most apt based on originality and creativity (the “Finalists”).
b. The judging will take place on 17 August 2018.
c. The Finalists will then be posted on social media (Barclays Overseas Facebook and Twitter Accounts) and the public will be asked to vote for a winner, in line with the mechanism outline in Clause 15 of these Terms and Conditions.
d. The Prize will be awarded to the Finalist with the most votes (the “Winner”).
15) The mechanics of the vote will be as follows:
b. The images will be labelled 1, 2, 3, in no particular order of preference.
c. Members of the public will be asked to vote, by adding a comment on the post that includes the number of the entry that corresponds with their favourite entry. Only one vote per person will be counted.
d. The voting will close at 5pm on 28 August 2018.
e. The Prize will be awarded to the Finalist with the most votes.
f. In the event of two or more finalists receiving the same number of votes; the Judges will cast a final casting vote within 48 hours following the closing of voting.
16) The Promoter will try to notify the Winner by email and/or telephone using the details that the Winner has provided on the Entry Form, on 31 August 2018.
17) The Promoter can replace any entrant selected as the Finalist or Winner if:
i. the entrant cannot be reached by telephone or email within forty-eight (48) hours of us notifying the entrant that they have won; or
ii. the Promoter reasonably believes that the entrant has broken one of these rules.
18) By submitting your Submission, you and your parent/guardian on your behalf, warrant that the Submission is original (i.e. your own work), is not defamatory and does not infringe any third party rights. As such, you confirm that:
a. there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict usage of the material/images comprising your Submission;
b. you have consent to use any third-party imagery comprising your Submission and that rights associated with such third-party imagery have been waived. If a Submission contains imagery of a person under 18 years of age, consent from their parent/guardian must be obtained before it is submitted; and
c. you will produce evidence of any required consents at the Promoter’s request (or risk disqualification from the Competition at the Promoter’s absolute discretion).
19) You acknowledge that the Promoter may, but is not required to, publish and make your Submission available online, on social media and in any other form of media, whether now known or invented in the future, for advertising, marketing or any other business purposes.
You hereby grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right for the full term of any intellectual property rights in your Submission to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format, recreate and sub-license to third parties for any purposes, any and all of your Submission, in whole or in part, and you hereby waive any moral rights in relation to your Submission.
20) The Promoter’s selection of the Winner is final.
21) The name of the Winner will be made available to anyone sending a stamped, addressed envelope to: Janet Naish, Barclays House, Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1AJ within twenty-eight (28) days of the published closing date. No other correspondence will be entered into.
22) The Promoter reserves the right to publish names, photographs and county of the Finalists and/or the Winner or to publicise the Prize-giving presentation after the date of the Competition.
23) Barclays will only collect, store and use your personal information, such as name, age, telephone number and email address for the purposes of entering you into and administering the Competition as set out in these rules, and not for any other purpose without your consent.
24) The personal information will be held on record for a short period of time as necessary to administer the Competition and then be securely destroyed.
25) We may share all Entries on our own internal and external channels. As a result, by entering the Competition, you are agreeing to our use of any of your posts and images relating to your Entry in this way.
26) By entering the Competition, you are giving Barclays permission to use your design for the football and for any other purposes connected to the Show.
27) To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered in connection with the Competition (including any damage to your or any other person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading or accessing any materials), or any delays or failure (in whole or in part) to perform any of its obligations if such delay or failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control
28) The Competition is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook/Twitter.
29) You agree to release Facebook/Twitter from any liability associated with this Competition.
30) Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter may choose to withdraw or amend the Competition.
31) These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of this Competition.