This important legal information relates to this website (the "Site") and contains the terms on which we make it available to you. The information also includes important information about the regulatory status of some of our companies and important risk warnings.
If you have any questions or comments about this Site please Contact us.
Calls may be recorded for security reasons and so that we may monitor the quality of our service.
Call costs may vary. Please check with your telecoms provider.
References to "you" or "your" are references to any person accessing the Site. References to "we", "us" or "our" are references to Barclays Bank PLC, or any affiliate as appropriate. References to "Barclays Group" are references to us, our parent company and any companies we or our parent company totally or partly own at any time.
These terms govern your use of the Site and by accessing the Site you agree to be bound by them. Certain sections of the Site may be governed by separate terms in addition to these Site terms. In the event of a conflict, the separate terms will take precedence for those sections.
Please note that if you are an existing Barclays customer, these terms will apply in addition to those contained in your product or service terms, an additional copy of which can be obtained from us. All Barclays products and services are subject to separate terms which govern their use. We may change these Site terms at any time without notice by updating this posting and your continued access to or use of this Site will constitute your acceptance of any such changes.
Use of site
We may terminate your access to or use of this Site for any valid reason, including where we believe that you have not acted in accordance with the terms of this Site.
Copyright, all rights reserved
The entire content of this Site is subject to copyright with all rights reserved and the information held is for your personal use only. You may not download (all or in part), transmit or modify the Site without our prior permission. However, you may print out part or all of the site for your own personal use.
No third party is permitted to link any other website to this Site or frame or scrape the content of this Site without obtaining our prior written consent.
Data protection and Privacy
We may record and monitor calls made or received by us to maintain high quality service standards, to check instructions and for your protection and ours.
Third party products and services
Where we provide links to third party websites, such links are not an endorsement by us of any products or services in such websites. You use such links entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility or liability for the content, use or availability of such websites. We have not verified the truth or accuracy of any content of such websites.
This Site may also contain some material provided by third parties and we accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of such material.
Nothing on this Site is intended as a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction, or to provide any investment, advice or service. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice tailored for your personal circumstances before making any investment decision.
We may ask you questions about your tax position and may explain to you the general legal or tax position relating to our products or services. You understand and agree that we do this to provide you with information on those products or services and to assist you in selecting which products or services may be appropriate.
You acknowledge that we are not a legal or tax adviser and do not provide legal or tax advice. You understand and agree that you must obtain your own independent advice, tailored to your own particular circumstances. You will not rely on the information provided by us as a substitute for taking your own independent tax and legal advice.
You have sole responsibility for the management of your tax affairs, including making any applicable filings and payments and complying with any applicable laws and regulations in relation to taxation. We do not condone or support any conduct by you that is in violation of any rules, regulations or laws applicable to yourself.
Certain jurisdictions have a requirement for us to either withhold tax on certain payments and/or report these payments or other information to tax authorities.
Please refer to any terms and conditions provided to you for additional tax related information.
United States Taxation IRS CIRCULAR 230: We do not provide tax advice. Please note that (i) any discussion of US tax matters cannot be used by you for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties; (ii) any information which may be provided on this Site is provided to support the promotion or marketing of the matters addressed herein; and (iii) you should seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
Although we have taken reasonable care to ensure that the information on this Site is accurate, we give no warranties with regard to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of that information.
Opinions and any other content of the Site are provided by us for your personal use and informational purposes only. They are subject to change without notice.
We accept no liability for any losses of any kind unless directly caused by our negligence, wilful default or fraud.
However, we do not exclude our duties or liabilities under applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
We may modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site or any part of it, with or without notice, at any time. We shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
English law governs these terms and the English Courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to determine any matter or dispute in connection with or arising out of this Site and these terms.
Countries from which you may access this site
This Site is not directed to, nor intended for distribution or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where the publication or availability of this Site or such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation. You should not access the site or information on this site if you know that your access would contravene applicable local, national or international laws.
For guidance on rules governing your use, please contact a legal adviser. In particular, this site is not directed to, or intended for use by, residents of the United States, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan or India.
We want to hear from you if you feel unhappy with the service you've received from us. Letting us know your concerns gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our service to all our clients. You can contact us in person, in writing, by email or by telephone. You can also contact your Private Banker or Relationship manager in person or via their direct contact details.
When you contact us please make sure you give us the following information:
- Your name, address and account details
- A clear description of your concern or complaint
- Details of what you would like us to do to resolve the complaint
- Copies of any relevant documents/information
- A daytime telephone number and any times during which we can contact you
We will try to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. The first step is for us to be clear about the nature of your complaint, and to identify what we can do to resolve the issue. The more information you can provide us the better.
Sometimes we will not be able to solve the problem with you ‘on the spot’. If we are unable to resolve your complaint by the following day we will:
- Send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint
- Confirm who will handle your complaint and how you can contact them.
We aim to resolve your complaint within four weeks. However, if we are unable to do this we will send you a written update to let you know when we expect to reply. If we have been unable to complete our investigations within eight weeks, we will write to you again to explain why there is a delay. When we have finished our investigations into your complaint we will be in touch to provide you with a full response.
If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service in the United Kingdom, or the equivalent service for complaints which originate from jurisdictions outside of the United Kingdom.
You can obtain a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service explanatory leaflet from any member of staff or contact the Financial Ombudsman Service directly at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
Telephone: 0800 023 4567
Online Dispute Resolution
If we have not been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction AND you have bought our products or services online you can use the details below to send your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for an independent review.
The ODR Regulation
The European Commission has established an online dispute resolution platform (ODR platform). This is specifically designed to help customers resident in the European Union who have bought goods or services online from traders established in the European Union but were unable to get their complaint resolved to their satisfaction. You can submit your complaint online through the ODR platform in any of the official languages of the European Union. The platform will then send your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for an independent review within 90 days. To save time you may wish to contact the FOS directly using the details above.
You can access the platform by visiting the ODR website
As a Barclays customer, you may use this service if you are still resident in the EU and purchased your product or service with us online.
You will need:
Our name: Barclays
Our email: ODR@barclays.com
Our website address: www.wealth.barclays.com
Our geographic address: United Kingdom
Your eligible deposits with Barclays Bank PLC are protected up to a total of £75,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK's deposit guarantee scheme. This limit is applied to the total of any deposits you have with the following: Barclays, Barclays Bank, Barclaycard, Barclays Business, Barclays Capital, Barclays Corporate, Barclays UK & Ireland Private Bank, Barclays International Private Banking, Barclays Premier, Barclays Private Bank, Barclays Stockbrokers, Barclays Wealth, Woolwich Mortgages. Any total deposits you hold above the limit between these brands are unlikely to be covered.
Please ask here for further information or visit www.fscs.org.uk
Barclays Bank PLC, Guernsey Branch, is a participant in the Guernsey Banking Deposit Compensation Scheme. The Scheme offers protection for 'qualifying deposits' up to £50,000, subject to certain limitations. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £100,000,000 in any five year period. Full details are available on the Scheme’s website at www.dcs.gg or on request.
Details of the Scheme can also be obtained by telephoning us on +44 (0)1481 755 458 or by writing to us at Barclays Bank PLC, Guernsey Branch, Le Marchant House, St Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands, GY1 3BE.
ISLE OF MAN
Deposits made with Barclays Bank PLC, Isle of Man Branch are covered by the Isle of Man's Depositors' Compensation Scheme (DCS) detailed in the Depositors’ Compensation Regulations 2010.
This offers protection of up to a maximum of £50,000 of new deposits (or the equivalent in foreign currency) per individual depositor per deposit taker. This means a maximum of £50,000 compensation is payable per depositor. If you have loans with the same deposit taker in the Isle of Man, these may be counted against any deposits.
The Isle of Man's DCS covers depositors regardless of where they are located.
Full details of the Scheme and banking groups covered are available on request, or by visiting www.iomfsa.im/dcsguidance.xml
Barclays Bank PLC, Jersey Branch is a participant in the Jersey Bank Depositors Compensation Scheme. The Scheme offers protection for eligible deposits of up to £50,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £100,000,000 in any five year period. Full details of the Scheme and banking groups covered are available on the States of Jersey website, or on request.
Risk warnings are provided for your information and protection. We strongly encourage you to read them and to contact us if you have any questions about the features or risks of any investment or service.
Risk warnings about investing
Illustrations of the likely risk and reward properties of possible portfolios and investments on this Site are not specific advice about any investment and you should not rely on them. Any illustrations are accurate at the time of writing, and may be subject to change.
The recommendations made for your actual portfolio might differ from any asset allocation or strategies outlined on this Site. Please ensure that your portfolio is updated or redefined when your investment objectives or personal circumstances change.
The value of the investments which may be stated on this Site, and the income from them, may fall as well as rise. Past performance of investments is no guide to future performance.
You may not get back the amount of capital you invest. Any income projections and yields are estimated and are included for indication only. Further, any valuations given on this Site may not accurately reflect the values at which investments may actually be bought or sold and no allowance has been made for taxation.
Data which may be found on this Site is based on quantitative research and analysis of historical data using current and proposed asset weightings and proprietary projections of expected returns and estimates of future volatility. Data does not reflect actual trading, liquidity constraints, fees and other costs. It should not be taken as a forecast or estimate of likely future returns. As illustrations do not take into account fees and commissions, or taxation, the actual performance of any investment might be more or less than is stated in any illustration.
Products or services that involve leverage can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit and may not be suitable for all investors.
Risk warnings about legal and tax advice
We do not provide any legal or tax advice and recommend that you obtain your own independent legal advice and independent tax advice, tailored to your particular circumstances. In order to provide you with information on our products and services, we may explain to you our understanding of the general tax position relating to them. We do not assume any legal responsibility for anyone acting on the information provided, and as tax law is subject to frequent change your position should be checked with an independent professional advisor.
Risk warnings about borrowing
If a loan is denominated in a currency other than Sterling, changes in the exchange rate may increase the Sterling equivalent of your debt. For loans secured on property, the Barclays Group will require a first charge over the property. Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
As a responsible lender, we only want you to borrow what you can afford, and in a way that is best for you. When considering your application, your financial circumstances will be assessed before we make a decision to lend money. And remember, if you should run into any difficulties please contact us as soon as you become aware of them.
Risk warnings about dealing with offices outside the UK
Rules and regulations for the protection of investors and/or deposits under the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 may not apply to any business conducted from offices located outside of the UK and investors and/or depositors conducting business through our non-UK offices may not be able to benefit from the provisions of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Unless otherwise indicated, information contained within this Site is provided by Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered No. 1026167. Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP. Registered VAT No 243 8522 62.
- Barclays Bank PLC 31, avenue de la Costa, MC98000 Monaco is a branch of Barclays Bank PLC and is registered with the Monaco Chamber of Commerce and Industry under no 68S01191. Registered VAT No FR 40 00002674 9.
- Barclays Bank PLC (Cyprus branch) is regulated by the Central Bank of Cyprus in the conduct of its banking and investment business in Cyprus.
- Barclays Bank PLC (Gibraltar branch) is regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission in the conduct of its banking and investment business in Gibraltar.
- Barclays Bank PLC in the Dubai International Financial Centre (Registered No. 0060) is regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority. Barclays Bank PLC DIFC Branch may only undertake the financial services activities that fall within the scope of its existing DFSA licence. Principal place of business: Wealth and investment management, Dubai International Financial Centre, The Gate Village Building No. 10, Level 6, PO Box 506674, Dubai, UAE. Related financial products or services are only available to Professional Clients as defined by the DFSA.
- Barclays Bank PLC in the Qatar Financial Centre (Registered No. 00018) is authorised by the Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority. Barclays Bank PLC QFC Branch may only undertake the regulated activities that fall within the scope of its existing QFCRA authorisation. Principal place of business in Qatar: Qatar Financial Centre, Office 1002, 10th Floor, QFC Tower, Diplomatic Area, West Bay, PO Box 15891, Doha, Qatar. Related financial products or services are only available to Business Customers as defined by the QFCRA. This information has been distributed by Barclays Bank PLC.
- Barclays Bank PLC is a licensed bank in Singapore and is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Its members have limited liability. Registered address: One Raffles Quay, Level 28, South Tower, Singapore 048583.
- Barclays Bank PLC is registered with the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong (CE No. AAJ160) and is authorised and regulated by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. Main business address in Hong Kong: 41/F Cheung Kong Center, 2 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong.
- Barclays Bank PLC, Isle of Man Branch is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority and has its principal business address at Barclays House, Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 2LE.
- Barclays Bank PLC, Jersey Branch is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Barclays Bank PLC, Jersey Branch is regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission under the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 1987, as amended. Barclays Bank PLC, Jersey branch has its principal business address in Jersey at 13 Library Place, St. Helier, Jersey. JE4 8NE, Channel Islands.
- Barclays Bank PLC, Guernsey Branch is licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission under the Banking Supervision (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 1994, as amended, and the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 1987, as amended. Barclays Bank PLC, Guernsey Branch has its principal place of business at Le Marchant House, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3BE.
The information provided on this Site relates to various products, some of which are provided by the following members of the Barclays Group:
- Barclays offers wealth and investment management products and services to its clients through Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiary companies. Barclays Stockbrokers is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC (Registered No. 1026167 Registered VAT No. 243 8522 62) which is a member of the London Stock Exchange and ISDX. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. The registered address is 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
- Barclays Wealth Management Jersey Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Registered in Jersey. Registered Number: 47326. 39-41 Broad Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 3RR, Channel Islands.
- Barclays Bank (Suisse) SA is a Bank registered in Switzerland and regulated and supervised by FINMA. Registered No. CH-6188.8.131.526-6. Registered Office: Chemin de Grange-Canal 18-20, P.O. Box 3941, 1211 Geneva 3, Switzerland. Registered branch: Beethovenstrasse 19, P.O. Box, 8027 Zurich. Registered VAT No. CHE-106.002.386. Barclays Bank (Suisse) SA is a subsidiary of Barclays Bank PLC registered in England, authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. It is registered under No. 1026167 and its registered office is 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
- Barclaytrust (Suisse) SA is a fully owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank (Suisse) SA which is a Swiss Bank regulated and supervised by FINMA. Registered No. CH-6184.108.40.2066-6. Registered Office: Chemin de Grange-Canal 18-20, P.O. Box 3941, 1211 Geneva 3, Switzerland. Registered branch: Beethovenstrasse 19, P.O. Box, 8027 Zurich. Registered VAT No. CHE-106.002.386. Barclaytrust (Suisse) SA. Registered No: CH-660.0.033.986-5. Registered office: Chemin de Grange-Canal 18-20, P.O. Box 3941, 1211 Geneva 3, Switzerland. Registered VAT No. CHE-100.407.106.