American Express Platinum Card
Welcome to the world of Platinum®
Open doors to some of the finest hotels with room upgrades wherever possible, serene airport lounges and travel protection benefits1 for you and your family.
How to apply
You can apply online today for an American Express charge card.
- Charge Card
A charge card with no interest charges, just pay the balance in full every month.
- Airport lounge access
Complimentary access to over 1,000 lounges across 130 countries for you, your main Supplementary Cardholder plus a guest each with Priority Pass 2
- 24/7 Platinum Concierge service
A year-round telephone service to manage all travel and lifestyle requests
- Special benefits and upgrades with our hotel programmes3
Enjoy benefits such as guaranteed 16:00 late check-out at over 900 FINE HOTELS & RESORTS when you book with Platinum Concierge
- Partner loyalty programmes4
Complimentary enrolment into leading hotel and car rental loyalty programmes, with partners such as Hertz and Hilton
- Travel protection benefits1
Available to you, your main Supplementary Cardholder and your family on Card approval
- Membership Rewards® Enjoy complimentary enrolment into a loyalty programme where points can help you to enjoy more of the things you love, from shopping to travel5
- Up to five Supplementary Cards
One Platinum and four Gold or Green, to share some of the benefits of American Express and help earn you rewards6
- Annual Cardmembership fee US$550/€550/£450
- No interest charges
Just pay your balance off in full and on time each month.7
Platinum Concierge service is there to take care of your travel and lifestyle plans, from fine dining experiences to events.
Platinum Cardmembership means that you'll always have someone to help you get organised and make the most of your Platinum benefits:
- Enjoy special reservations and complimentary treats such as a glass of champagne, coffee or dessert at some of the best restaurants around the world
- Ask your Platinum Concierge service to source tickets for sold out shows or organise experiences at sports, arts or cultural events
- Forgotten a gift or need advice on a country you’re about to visit? Platinum Concierge service is available 24/7.
As a Platinum Cardmember you enjoy complimentary enrolment into our Membership Rewards® programme.
Your points can help you to enjoy more of the things you love, from flights and spa breaks, to shopping with global brands.
- You earn one Membership Rewards point for every full US$1/ €1/£1 you spend on your Card5
- You can transfer your points to a choice of major frequent flyer and hotel programmes such as British Airways, Virgin and Starwood4
- Your points are redeemable for a wide range of merchandise, gift cards, experiences, travel and hotel stays. Terms, taxes and fees apply.
You can also use your points towards eligible Card transactions on your Account statement, giving almost complete flexibility to how you use your points.
Platinum Travel can help to smooth the way on every trip, getting you better value and helping you to experience more.
Platinum Cardmembership gives you access to insightful booking, airport lounges, special hotel benefits and remarkable membership opportunities:
- Complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges for you, your main Supplementary Cardmember and a guest each, at no extra cost.2
- Guaranteed 16:00 late check-out, a room upgrade (when available, on arrival) and a special hotel credit at over 900 five-star FINE HOTELS & RESORTS around the world.3
- Complimentary fast-track enrolment into leading hotel and car rental loyalty programmes, with partners such as such as Hertz, Starwood Hotels and Resorts and Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.4
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between a Charge Card and a Credit Card?
Charge Cards have no pre-set spending limit and no interest charges but they must be settled in full and on time each month. This does not mean however that there is an unlimited spending facility on the Card. Each transaction is approved based on the expense level and credit history of all of your accounts with American Express, subsidiaries and affiliates and/or licensees, as well as on your credit history with other financial institutions and your personal resources and income known by us.
Provided your account is settled in full and on time each month, you can usually spend as much as you have shown us you can afford. Proof of resources and security may be required. A Late Payment Fee will be applied if you do not pay the full outstanding balance shown on your statement within 30 days of your statement date.
Credit Cards have spending limits and only a minimum payment is needed to settle the monthly account.
What are the advantages of a Charge Card compared to a Debit Card?
Purchases made with a Charge Card will be debited once a month from your bank account when payment to American Express is made, giving Cardmembers a period of interest-free credit. Purchases made with a Debit Card will be debited from your bank account immediately for each separate transaction. Charge Cards help you manage and maximise your cash flow.