Strategies and goals
By looking at what you are trying to achieve with your investments, we can help create a strategy to meet your goals.
The first step to creating your investment strategy is working out what you want your money to do for you. Everyone’s goals are slightly different and will depend on your individual circumstances. For example:
- As a single professional, you might want to set up a pension with potential for long-term growth.
- If you have a young family, you might want to invest early to pay for school fees and think about putting in place various safety nets to maintain the wealth you build up for them.
- If you are close to retirement, you might be looking be looking at investments which aim to repay your initial investment at maturity while still looking for growth opportunities.
- If you are already retired, you might be looking for a boost to your income from savings and investments.
- If you live or work overseas you may wish to invest offshore for growth and security.
Matching investments to your goals
If you have £100,000 (or currency equivalent) with us our Investment Advisers will understand your goals and investment priorities, and can help you choose which investments match your needs and help to plan your investment strategy.
For example, some investments will pay returns on a regular basis which could suit investors looking for income. Other investments may increase in value over time, suiting someone whose main aim is to increase their overall wealth.
We will also help you select investments which are suited to your attitude to risk, for example some investments are low risk while still offering a potentially higher return than available in an ordinary deposit account while others are high risk with the potential for higher growth.
Please bear in mind that all investment carries risk. Investments can fall in value and you may get back less than you invested.
There are four main types of investment goals, each best supported by a different mix of investment types:
Remember that all investments carry risk. Investments can fall in value and you could get back less than you invested.
Investments in currencies other than your own may rise or fall because of changes in exchange rates.
Looking for investment advice?
Talk to our expert team on
Our investment service is available to you if you have £100,000 (or currency equivalent) to deposit and maintain across your International Banking accounts and investments.