If you’re living in the UK but domiciled elsewhere, we can help you manage your finances to make the most of your status.

People who claim a particular country as their home regard it as their ‘domicile’. When you’re living or working in the UK but are domiciled elsewhere, you’re classified as a resident non-domiciled.

We can help you manage your financial affairs – whether you want to set up a bank account, buy a home in the UK, make international payments, or access your money in sterling, euros and a range of other currencies.

With our international bank account offerings for res non-doms, you can choose where to locate your account – either in the UK or in one of our offshore locations, which may have financial planning advantages.

With our International Banking service, it is possible to set up your account before you arrive. Normally you would be expected to provide UK utility bills and proof of address. However, we require only proof of primary ID (passport, National ID card) certified by a notary, and a secondary ID, with proof of overseas address also certified by a notary (or the original copy). Find out more about the application process.

Help with complex, international financial needs

If you have complex financial needs, we can arrange for a Relationship Manager to get to know you. Our managers can provide helpful guidance and expert, pro-active banking services. To qualify for our Relationship Service you must either deposit and maintain a balance of over £100,000 in cash or investments, or a combination of the two with us.

Or, if you have come to live in, or are moving to, the UK as a non-domiciled person, you will qualify for our Relationship Service if you have an annual individual gross salary of £150,000 or more, excluding bonus, (or currency equivalent) paid into your Barclays International bank account each month.

Read more about our International Banking service here.

If you want to talk to us about planning your finances, you can call us on +44 (0)1624 684316*

Or, to open an International Bank Account:


Moving to the UK?

Let us help with your finances, by calling

International Banking is available if you have £25,000 (or currency equivalent) to deposit and maintain across your accounts, or you’re opening an account to apply for an international mortgage with us. If you want to open an International Bank Account:

About International Banking 

Find out more about Barclays International Banking

Find out more about International Banking