OPEN AN ACCOUNT
Call us on
+44 (0)207 574 3206*
If you’re paid in dollars, have a US mortgage or need frequent access to US currency, an International Bank Account in dollars makes it easy for you to manage your money.
Our International Bank Account is available in US dollars, giving you all the benefits of a normal checking or current account in the world’s premier reserve and trading currency.
Barclays Wealth cardUse it for cash withdrawals and purchases worldwide – and nominate additional cardholders.
International cash withdrawalsPay for goods and services at over 29 million places worldwide. Take cash out from any cash machines around the world displaying the Visa sign.
Pay your US dollar mortgageIf you own property in the USA, the International Bank Account permits you to make payments on a US dollar mortgage.
Save on foreign exchange feesUse your International Bank Account to manage your regular income or spending in US dollars.
Online banking with Barclays
Manage your dollar account whenever you choose with International Telephone and Online Banking
- Mortgages and loans at US dollar interest rates
- Easy access to US dollars worldwide through the Visa network
- Quick, secure international payments
- Online and telephone banking
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have £25,000 (or the currency equivalent) to deposit and maintain across the accounts you hold with us
- You are 18 and a permanent resident of Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, or you live or work in Gibraltar
Options for your dollar account
Your US dollar account is available through one of three international banking services: Relationship Management, iBank or iBank Saver.
If you have come to live in, or are moving to, the UK as a non-domiciled person, you will qualify for our Relationship Service if you have an annual individual gross salary of £150,000 or more (or equivalent in another currency or currencies) and the salary you receive is paid into your Barclays International bank account each year.
- Gain financial planning flexibility
- Protection from foreign exchange rate fluctuations
- Easy access to your Dollars
- Minimise interest rate changes