Barclays Jersey Boat Show
Celebrating the 10th anniversary
This year, the #BarclaysDuck is dressed up in his very best top hat and tails to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Barclays Jersey Boat Show. This year’s design was created by Tegan, the winner of last year’s duck design competition. Catch the new look and come along to get your design into this year’s competition, designing the very first superhero duck for 2018! [PDF, 1.2MB]
The duck itself has become an icon of the Barclays Jersey Boat Show since its first appearance in 2010. It is a firm favourite with children and adults alike playing the ‘Hook a Duck’ game, with over 15,000 ducks being claimed by locals and visitors alike with some returning each year to update their collections.
The duck also helps raise money for charity, with over £54,000 raised for charity since Barclay’s involvement in the Show. As the Barclays Jersey Boat Show celebrates its tenth anniversary this year, three charities have been chosen to help mark this TEN milestone, Teenage Cancer Trust – Jersey Appeal, EYECAN (Jersey Blind Society) and the NSPCC Jersey.
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (RNRMC), which is also celebrating its ten year anniversary, will also benefit from money raised at other events across the bank holiday weekend.
In addition to collecting your #BarclaysDuck, on Sunday drop by our marquee to:
- Find out about Code Playground and Micro:bit with Barclays Digital Eagles
- Learn about how you can get accredited with Digital Wings
- See 3D printing in action as we create mini Barclays Ducks with The Eagle Lab
- See the Barclays accessibility kit – stretching from high visibility debit cards, talking ATM’s, sign language apps
- Learn about e-safety and cyber crime from our Digital Eagles
- Design the first superhero duck for next year [PDF, 1.2MB]
The Barclays Jersey Boat Show remains the largest free-entry event in the Channel Islands. Barclays is proud to support the Show and many of our staff are looking forward to volunteering at the event and helping islanders enjoy what the show has to offer.