Our UK Property Financing proposition has many solutions, whether you plan to buy a residential or investment property, borrow additional funds, or you simply want to look around for a more attractive mortgage agreement.
Find out more
The key benefits of our mortgage service
- One of our dedicated Lending Specialists will personally manage your application from beginning to end. Our specialists are experienced in both private banking and high-value property finance.
- We offer a wide range of products with competitive interest rates.
- Based on the value of your qualifying assets under management with Barclays Wealth & Investment Management, you may be eligible for loyalty pricing.
- The reassurance of holding your mortgage with a bank that has more than 325 years of history and experience in UK banking.
Residential property mortgages
- Whether you plan to buy a new residential property or re-mortgage a property you already own, our tracker and fixed-rate mortgage products offer attractive rates.
Investment property mortgages
- If you already invest in property or you are thinking of exploring it as an option, our Investment Property Finance products could help you to achieve the return you are looking for.
- All of our mortgage products are available for loans starting from £5,000 up to £10m for mortgages over residential, owner occupied property in personal names.
- Larger loans and loans to special purpose companies and trusts are available on a bespoke basis. Loans can be for a term of up to 35 years and will attract an arrangement fee based on the balance drawn.
Bespoke property finance
- For larger and more complex purchases, Barclays Wealth & Investment Management can offer you a bespoke solution. When borrowing over £10m a dedicated Lending Specialist will work with you to design a bespoke solution, tailoring it to suit your personal preferences, your wider relationship with Barclays and the property
- Mortgage rate sheet [PDF, 194KB]
Things to consider
- As property investment is a high-risk, long-term investment, it may not be suitable for all clients. We would advise anyone intending to take out a mortgage with us to consider this.
- If you borrow to buy an investment property and fail to keep up with the required payments, the property on which the loan is secured may be repossessed, or a receiver of rents appointed
- We recommend you take independent tax advice on any investment or leveraged borrowing. It is important for clients to appreciate the specific risks associated with investment leverage before making any investment decisions.
- Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.