Register with a PINsentry
If you have PINsentry and would like to use it to register, you will need to go through a few additional steps.
On the “Your details” page, select “Enter your bank account details” and then “Continue”, then select “PINsentry card reader” from the options available to you.
- Enter and confirm your mobile phone number
- Enter your sort code and account number
- Swipe upwards on your screen to see the next set of boxes and enter your full name
- Carefully read through the terms and conditions
To link your mobile phone to the app, you will receive a text message containing a six-digit code. Leave the Barclays Mobile Banking app and go to your text messages. The message sender shows as Barclays. Make a note of the six-digit code.
- Log into the Barclays Mobile Banking app
- Enter your five-digit passcode created earlier and tap “Continue” on the Link Your Mobile screen
- Enter the six-digit code we sent you via text message
- When you have entered the code, press “Verify” to continue
On the “Verifying account” page select “PINsentry card reader" from the options available to you.
Use your PINsentry and debit card to generate a verification code.
- Enter the last four-digits of the long number on the front of your Barclays debit card.
- Insert your debit card into your PINsentry device
- Press the “Respond” button
- Enter your PIN that you use in the cash machine or at the shops
- Enter the eight-digit number displayed in the app into your PINsentry
- Enter the eight-digit code displayed on your PINsentry and press “Verify” to continue
You will receive confirmation that you have finished and can press Continue to begin using the app
WHAT IS PINSENTRY
If you have Personal Banking accounts with Barclays you may have received a PINsentry device to protect your Online Banking transactions. It is used to authenticate your identity by generating a one-off eight-digit code so that you can make use of all our services.