Pay money straight into another account from your mobile phone.
No account numbers or sort codes – just Pingit from one mobile to another. And all you need is a UK bank account, a UK-registered mobile phone and to download the Pingit app. Ii is free, totally secure and fast.
The features and benefits of Pingit are:
- Pay people - choose someone to pay from your address book or enter a mobile number, add how much and send.
- Get paid - Pingit users can send you money using your UK mobile number and payments will be sent to your selected UK bank account.
- Send money abroad - make quick and easy international payments to selected countries. Set up a normal payment and we will work out the exchange rate.
- Pay businesses - choose a name from the business directory in the app, add a reference and pay what you owe.
Ways to pay?
- Mobile - You can pay anyone who has a UK-registered mobile phone. Just enter a mobile number or choose a name from your contacts, add the amount and follow the on-screen instructions
- Twitter - You can pay someone using just their Twitter handle, providing it is linked to their Pingit account. To pay by Twitter just enter the '@...'' handle on the pay screen in the same way you would if you were paying a mobile number.
- QR Code - Use the camera in the Pingit app to pay by QR code. Just scan the code and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Business Directory - Thousands of businesses have signed up to use Pingit. To pay a business, search or browse the business directory and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Short code - Some businesses prefer to use a Pingit short code instead of a mobile number. If you're paying this way, enter the code in the same way you would a mobile number, enter the amount and pay.
Please call the our dedicated Helpdesk on +44 (0)333 200 1014* for any assistance you need with the Barclays Mobile Banking App. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except 25 December when lines are closed.