This important legal information relates to this website (the "Site") and contains the terms and conditions on which we make it available to you. The information also includes important information about the regulatory status of some of our companies and important risk warnings.
Please read this important information carefully.
- Risk warnings
- Site terms and conditions
- Data protection
- Countries from which you may access this Site
- Contacting us about this Site
- Important company and regulatory information about Barclays companies
Not all products, services or investments described on this Site are available in all jurisdictions and some are available on a limited basis only, due to local regulatory and legal requirements. Any investment information which may be provided on this Site is also provided for illustration only. No investment information on this Site should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction.
Illustrations of the likely risk and reward properties of possible portfolios and investments on this Site are not specific advice about any investment and you should not rely on them. Any illustrations are accurate at the time of writing, and may be subject to change.
The recommendations made for your actual portfolio might differ from any asset allocation or strategies outlined on this Site. Please ensure that your portfolio is updated or redefined when your investment objectives or personal circumstances change.
The value of the investments which may be stated on this Site, and the income from them, may fall as well as rise. Past performance of investments is no guide to future performance. You may not get back the amount of capital you invest. Any income projections and yields are estimated and are included for indication only. Further, any valuations given on this Site may not accurately reflect the values at which investments may actually be bought or sold and no allowance has been made for taxation.
Data which may be found on this Site is based on quantitative research and analysis of historic data using current and proposed asset weightings and proprietary projections of expected returns and estimates of future volatility. Data does not reflect actual trading, liquidity constraints, fees and other costs. It should not be taken as a forecast or estimate of likely future returns. As illustrations do not take into account fees and commissions, or taxation, the actual performance of any investment might be more or less than is stated in any illustration.
Investors should assume that Barclays and its affiliates (i) already have or intend to seek investment banking or other business relationships for which they already receive or will receive compensation from the companies that are the subject of the information contained herein, (ii) may have a financial interest in such companies, (iii) may make a market in the securities in respect of the companies, (iv) may have employees or associates who serve as officers of the companies and/or (v) may act upon or use material prior to publication on this Site or otherwise.
Risk warnings are provided for your information and protection. We strongly encourage you to read them and to contact us if you have any questions about the specific features or risks of any investment or service.
Risk warnings about legal and tax advice
We do not provide any legal or tax advice and recommend that you obtain your own independent legal advice and independent tax advice, tailored to your particular circumstances. In order to provide you with information on our products and services, we may explain to you our understanding of the general tax position relating to them. We do not assume any legal responsibility for anyone acting on the information provided, and as tax law is subject to frequent change your position should be checked with an independent professional advisor.
Risk warnings about borrowing and trading
If a loan is denominated in a currency other than your own home currency changes in the exchange rate driven by market fluctuations beyond our control, this may increase the home currency equivalent of your debt. For loans secured on property, the Barclays Group will require a first charge over the property. Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. If your property valuation subsequently falls, you may be requested to provide top-ups to maintain the margin required for your loan.
If you engage in leverage trading, the risk of loss can be substantial. You may sustain losses in excess of your initial margin funds. You maybe called upon at short notice to deposit additional margin funds. If the required funds are not provided within the prescribed time, your position may be liquidated and you will remain liable for any resulting deficit. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable in light of your own risk appetite, financial position and investment objectives.
As a responsible lender, we only want you to borrow what you can afford and repay, and in a way that is best for you. When considering your application, your financial circumstances will be assessed before we make a decision to lend money. And remember, if you should run into any difficulties please contact us as soon as you become aware of them.
References to "you" or "your" are references to any person accessing the Site and references to "we", "us" or "our" are references to Barclays Bank PLC, or any affiliate as appropriate.
References to "Barclays Group" are references to us, our parent company, Barclays Bank PLC, and any companies we or our parent company totally or partly own at any time.
These terms and conditions govern your use of the Site and by accessing the Site you agree to be bound by them. Please note that if you are an existing customer of the Barclays Group, or if you become a new customer of the Barclays Group, the products and services are subject to separate terms and conditions. For new customers those terms and conditions will be provided before you enter into a contractual relationship. For existing customers, an additional copy of those terms and conditions can be obtained from your usual relationship manager or service provider.
Our liability to you
Other than as provided in these terms and conditions, we shall be liable to you for loss you may suffer in respect of the Site and any information on it or in connection with the access of, use of, performance of, browsing in or linking to other sites from this Site or your use or inability to use the Site, only to the extent it results from our breach of our duties or liabilities under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, wilful default of these terms and conditions, or fraud. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will accept no liability (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) in any other circumstances for loss of any kind, including (without limitation) direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss of any profit, goodwill or reputation, expenses or losses arising out of, or in connection with any error, omission, defect, computer virus or system failure, of whatever nature howsoever arising, even if expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
The information contained on this Site is intended for general circulation. It does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any particular person, nor is the information intended to be investment, legal, tax or other advice. The investments discussed in this publication may not be suitable for all investors. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice tailored for your personal circumstances before making any investment decision.
Availability of the Site
We may modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site or any part of it, with or without notice, at any time. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any losses arising for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
Internet communications are not secure
Please remember that internet communications are not secure unless the data being sent is encrypted. We cannot accept any responsibility for the unauthorised access by a third party and/or the corruption of data being sent by individuals to the Barclays Group. Some countries prohibit transmission of encrypted data over telephone lines. You should not encrypt data transmitted if you know doing so would contravene applicable local, national or international laws. For guidance relating to your use of internet communications, please contact a legal adviser.
If any of our clients are victims of unauthorised access to their accounts we will cover any resulting financial loss which the client suffers provided the client has maintained appropriate virus checking and security measures in relation to their online banking information.
Regular virus checking must be run to prevent viruses, trojans, worms or similar items entering your computer system. We reserve the right not to accept responsibility for losses, resulting from viruses, trojans, worms or similar items if regular virus checking has not been performed.
For further information and advice on security, please read our Security section.
We may record and monitor calls made or received by us to maintain high quality service standards, to check instructions and for your protection and ours.
Where we provide hypertext links to third party internet websites, such links are not an endorsement by us of any products or services in such websites. You use such links entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for the content, use or availability of such websites. We have not verified the truth or accuracy of any content of such websites.
No party is permitted to link any other website to this Site or frame or scrape the content of this Site without obtaining our prior written consent.
This Site is not directed to, nor intended for distribution or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where the publication or availability of this Site or such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation. You should not access the Site or information on this Site if you know that your access would contravene applicable local, national or international laws. For guidance on rules governing your use, please contact a legal adviser. In particular, but without limitation, save as in respect of recruitment of staff, this Site is not directed to, or intended for use by, residents of the United States, Japan, China, Malaysia, Taiwan or India.
Terms may be changed
We may change these terms and conditions at any time without notice by updating this page and if you continue to access or use this Site we will consider that you have accepted any changes.
Information on the Site may not be accurate
Although we have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information provided on this Site is accurate, we give no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any such information.
Opinions and any other content of the Site are provided by us for your personal use and informational purposes only. They are subject to change without notice.
Our latest audited accounts are available on request.
We are committed to providing a high standard of service to all our clients on every occasion. We do recognise however, that occasionally we will not live up to your expectations or our promises. Your comments are important. Not only do they allow us to improve our service to you, they also help us to improve our products and service in general, making life easier for everyone who uses them.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you. You can contact us in person, in writing, by e-mail or by telephone.
Barclays has established an internal complaints procedure to ensure your complaint is dealt with efficiently and by the correct person.
To help us investigate and resolve the problem as quickly as possible, please provide the following information:
- Your name, address and account number (if applicable);
- A clear description of your concern or complaint;
- Details of what you would like us to do to resolve the complaint;
- Copies of any relevant documentation/information; and
- A daytime telephone number and/or address where we can contact you.
We will try to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, and with the minimum of inconvenience to you. The first step is for us to be clear on the nature of your complaint, and to identify with you what we can do to resolve the issue. The more information you can give us the better.
We aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible, and to the complete satisfaction of our clients. If for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you should get in touch directly with the person who has handled your complaint. They will then discuss with you what the next steps are.
If you remain unhappy, you may be able to request the Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd (FIDReC) to review your complaint relevant to Singapore booked accounts or to Financial Dispute Resolution Center for accounts booked in Hong Kong. FiDReC Is an independent and impartial institution specializing in the resolution of disputes between financial institutions and consumers.
Contact details of FIDReC:
112 Robinson Road, #13-03, HB Robinson, Singapore 068902
Telephone: (65) 63278878
Email FIDReC or visit the FIDReC website.
Law and where any dispute would take place
The laws of England and Wales govern the use of this Site and these terms and conditions and you agree that, the Courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction to determine any matter or dispute in connection with or arising out of this Site and these terms and conditions.
The entire content of the Site is subject to copyright, Barclays Bank PLC © Barclays Bank PLC 2013, with all rights reserved and it may only be stored, held or used for your personal use only. You may not download (all or in part) for non-personal use or otherwise reproduce, transmit or modify the Site without our prior permission. However, you may print out part or all of the Site for your own personal use. These permissions are revocable by us at any time. Barclays is a registered trade mark owned by Barclays Bank PLC. You are granted a non-exclusive licence of those rights in order to view this Site on a non-commercial basis only, revocable at any time.
If you have any questions or comments about this Site please Contact us.
If any provision in these terms and conditions shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, then such provision or part of it shall, to the extent that it is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, be deemed not to form part of these terms and conditions and the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
The information contained within this Site is provided by Barclays Bank PLC, a limited company registered and incorporated in England and authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered No: 1026167. Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
- Barclays Bank PLC 31, avenue de la Costa, MC98000 Monaco is a branch of Barclays Bank PLC and is registered with the Monaco Chamber of Commerce and Industry under no 68S01191. Registered VAT No FR 40 00002674 9.
- Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Central Bank of Cyprus to conduct banking and investment business.
- Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission to conduct banking and investment business in Gibraltar.
- Barclays Bank PLC in the Dubai International Financial Centre (Registered No. 0060) is regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority ("DFSA"). Barclays Bank PLC-DIFC Branch, Wealth Management Division may only undertake the financial services activities that fall within the scope of its existing DFSA license. Principal place of business: Barclays, Dubai International Financial Centre, The Gate Village Building No. 10, PO Box 506674 Dubai, UAE.
- Barclays Bank PLC is licensed by the Central Bank of the U.A.E. (License No 13/1664/96) to operate in the U.A.E. Registered Office: building 4, Emaar Business Park, Sheikh Zayed Road, PO Box 1891, Dubai.
- Barclays Bank PLC in the UAE is regulated by the Central Bank of the UAE and is licensed to conduct business activities as a branch of a commercial bank incorporated outside the UAE in Dubai (Licence No.: 13/1844/2008, Registered Office: Building No. 6, Burj Dubai Business Hub, Sheikh Zayed Rd, Dubai City) and Abu Dhabi (Licence No.: 13/952/2008, Registered Office: Al Jazira Towers, Hamdan Street, PO Box 2734, Abu Dhabi).
- Barclays Bank PLC in the Qatar Financial Centre ("QFC") (Registered No. 00018) is authorised by the Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority ("QFCRA"). Barclays Bank PLC-QFC Branch may only undertake the regulated activities that fall within the scope of its existing QFCRA licence. Principal place of business in Qatar: Qatar Financial Centre, Office 1002, 10th Floor, QFC Tower, Diplomatic Area, West Bay, PO Box 15891, Doha, Qatar.
- Barclays Bank PLC is a licensed bank in Singapore and is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Main business address in Singapore: 10 Marina Boulevard, #23-01 Marina Bay Financial Center Tower 2, Singapore, 018983.
- Barclays Bank PLC is registered with the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong (CE No. AAJ160) and is authorised and regulated by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. Main business address in Hong Kong: 41/F Cheung Kong Center, 2 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong.
- Barclays Bank PLC is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission. • Barclays Bank PLC is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission and has its principal business address in Jersey at 13 Library Place, St. Helier, Jersey. JE4 8NE, Channel Islands.
- Barclays Bank PLC is licensed under the Banking Supervision (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 1994, as amended, and the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 1987, as amended. Barclays Bank PLC has its principal address in Guernsey at Le Marchant House, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3BE.
The information provided by Barclays Bank PLC on this Site relates to various products, some of which are provided by the following members of the Barclays Group:
- Barclays offers wealth and investment management products and services to its clients through Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiary companies. Barclays Stockbrokers is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC (Registered No. 1026167 Registered VAT No. 243 8522 62) which is a member of the London Stock Exchange and ISDX. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. The registered address is 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
- Barclays Trust Company (Isle of Man) Limited is registered in the Isle of Man and licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission. Registered Number: 001478C Registered Office: 3rd Floor, Barclays House, Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 2LE.
- Barclays Trust Company (Jersey) Limited is registered in Jersey. Registered Number: 6056. Registered Office: 39-41 Broad Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE4 8PU, Channel Islands. Barclays Trust Company (Jersey) Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Barclays Trust Company (Cayman) Limited is registered in the Cayman Islands. Registered Number: 29978 Registered Office: FirstCaribbean House, 25 Main Street, George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands KY1-1106. Barclays Trust Company (Cayman) Limited is regulated by Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and holds a Trust company business under the Banks and Trust Companies Law (2013) Revision. Barclays Trust Company (Cayman) Limited is a regulated Corporate Service Provider.
- Barclays Private Clients International Limited is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission, registered with the Insurance and Pensions Authority in respect of General Business, and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK in relation to UK regulated mortgage activities. Registered in the Isle of Man. (Registered Number. 005619C. Registered VAT No 243 8522 62. Registered Office: Barclays House, Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1AJ.).
- Barclays Private Clients International Limited, Jersey Branch is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Barclays Private Clients International Limited, Jersey branch has its principal business address in Jersey at 13 Library Place, St. Helier, Jersey JE4 8NE, Channel Islands. Barclays Private Clients International Limited, Jersey Branch is regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission under the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 1987.
- Barclays Private Clients International Limited, Guernsey Branch is licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission under the Banking Supervision (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 1994, as amended, and the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 1987, as amended. Barclays Private Clients International Limited, Guernsey Branch has its principal place of business at Le Marchant House, St Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands, GY1 3BE.
- Barclays Wealth Management Jersey Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission for the conduct of Funds Services Business under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998. (Registered in Jersey. Registered number: 47326. Registered Office: 39 - 41 Broad Street, St Helier, JE2 3RR, Jersey).
- Barclays International Fund Managers Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission for the conduct of investment business under the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998. Registered in Jersey. (Registered number: 50669 Registered Office: 39-41 Broad Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3RR, Channel Islands).
- Barclays Bank (Suisse) S.A. is a Swiss Bank regulated and supervised by FINMA. Registered in Switzerland. Registered No. 1381/1986. Registered Office: 8/10 Rue d'Italie, CH-1211, Geneva, Switzerland. Registered VAT No. 288 787.
- Barclaytrust (Suisse) S.A. is incorporated in Switzerland and is wholly owned by Barclays Bank (Suisse) S.A.
- Barclays Wealth Trustees (Jersey) Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Barclays Wealth Trustees (Jersey) Limited Registered No. 12781. Registered Office: 39-41 Broad Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 5PS, Channel Islands.
- Barclays Wealth Trustees (Isle of Man) Limited is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission. Registered Office: P.O. Box 312, 4th Floor, Queen Victoria House, Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 2BJ, British Isles. Registered in the Isle of Man. Company Number 055260C. VAT Registration No 243 8522 62.
- Barclays Wealth Trustees (Guernsey) Limited is licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission under The Regulation of Fiduciaries, Administration Businesses and Company Directors, etc. (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2000. Registered in Guernsey, Channel Islands. Registered Number 24531. Registered Office: Regency Court, Glategny Esplanade, St Peter port, Guernsey GY1 3ST.
- Wealth Advisory Investment Consultants Limited is part of Barclays and is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Registered in Jersey. (Registered Number: 69588. Registered Office and Business Address: P.O. Box 248, 39/41 Broad Street, St.Helier, Jersey, JE4 5PS).
- Barclays Wealth Fund Managers (Guernsey) Limited is licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission under The Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1987. Registered in Guernsey, Channel Islands. (Registered Number: 33717. Registered Office: PO Box 671, Level 1 Regency Court, Glategny Esplanade, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 3ST).
- Barclays Wealth Fund Managers (Jersey) Limited, Registered number: 93208. Registered Office:39-41 Broad street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 5PS, Channel Islands. Barclays Wealth Fund Managers (Jersey) Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Barclays Wealth Fund Managers (Isle of Man) Limited is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission. Registered Office: P.O. Box 312, 4th Floor, Queen Victoria House, Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 2BJ, British Isles. Registered in the Isle of Man. Company Number118158C. VAT Registration No 243 8522 62.
We may ask you questions about your tax position and may explain to you the general legal or tax position relating to our products or services. You understand and agree that we do this to provide you with information on those products or services and to assist you in selecting which products or services may be appropriate in consideration of your investment objectives and needs.
You acknowledge that we are not a legal or tax adviser and do not provide legal or tax advice. You understand and agree that you must obtain your own independent advice, tailored to your own particular circumstances. You will not rely on the information provided by us as a substitute for taking your own independent tax and legal advice.
You have sole responsibility for the management of your tax affairs, including making any applicable filings and payments and complying with any applicable laws and regulations in relation to taxation. We do not condone or support any conduct by you that is in violation of any rules, regulations or laws applicable to yourself.
Certain jurisdictions have a requirement for us to either withhold tax on certain payments and/or report these payments or other information to tax authorities.
Please refer to any terms and conditions provided to you for additional tax related information.
United States Taxation IRS CIRCULAR 230: We do not provide tax advice. Please note that (i) any discussion of US tax matters cannot be used by you for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties; (ii) any information which may be provided on this Site is provided to support the promotion or marketing of the matters addressed herein; and (iii) you should seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
Certain sections of this site may contain separate terms and conditions in addition to these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, the separate terms and conditions will take precedence for those sections.
In case of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of this site, the English version shall apply and prevail.